Virtual event titled ‘One Integrated Marine Debris Observing System for a Clean Ocean‘ is organized by 14 organizations, including EuroSea, and hosted by GEO Blue Planet and Mercator Ocean International – as an official satellite activity of the UN Ocean Decade Laboratory on ‘A Clean Ocean‘. The event will include a virtual poster session from 10 to 30 November 2021 and plenary sessions and discussions from 17 to 19 November 2021. EuroSea co-organizes this event in line with its task to develop capacity and coordination for sustained global ocean observations of marine litter.
The event will discuss the current state of marine debris observations and ways forward for implementing an Integrated Marine Debris Observing System (IMDOS). We aim to learn about recent advancements in observational techniques and technologies and discuss cooperation bringing together multidisciplinary approaches from diverse stakeholders.
The hybrid event will include:
- Three plenary sessions available in both English and French with invited talks, live discussions, and interactions between participants and panelists via the Zoom platform. The sessions will also be broadcasted live on YouTube.
- Plenary Session 1: Strengthening scientific knowledge – 17 November 2021, 8-10PM CET
- Plenary Session 2: Fostering new monitoring capacities – 18 November 2021, 10-12AM CET
- Plenary Session 3: Defining the future of IMDOS – 19 November 2021, 9-11AM CET
- An online virtual poster hall on the MIRO platform where presenters and participants will be able to connect and interact from 10 to 30 November. Both traditional posters and short videos are expected.
Further information is available on the event’s webpage.